- Victorian Building Authority proceedings
- Building work by unregistered builders
- Building safety issues
- Combustible cladding
- Noncompliance with warnings and notices
- Breaches and offences against the Building Act and Building Regulations
- Domestic and Commercial Building Disputes
- Builders, Architects, Engineers and Designers in dispute with property owners
- Property owners in dispute with Builders, Architects, Engineers and Designers
We provide advice and representation to individuals/businesses in the building industry or property owners involved in a legal dispute associated with domestic or commercial construction including renovations.
We also represent builders and associated individuals/businesses involved in regulatory and disciplinary proceedings initiated by the Victorian Building Authority, the Building Practitioners Board and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
We have extensive practical and legal experience in the building industry. Before joining Gallant Law, our General Manager, George Cassimatis, was General Manager of Boral Bricks (roofing, clay and concrete); Director of Ideal Building Products and CEO of Casa Geo. George brings to our firm a wealth of knowledge and associations in the building industry.
Our Expertise and Services:
- Disputes over construction and building defects;
- Contractual disputes between builders, contractors and sub-contractors;
- Advice on licences and permits;
- Litigation representation at VCAT;
- Out of court dispute resolution, mediation and negotiation;
- Regulatory and disciplinary proceedings by the Victorian Building Authority, the Building Practitioners Board and VCAT; and
- Occupational health and safety (workplace) prosecutions (see “Occupational Health and Safety (workplace) prosecutions” for more information).